Thursday, February 22, 2007

Taking cue from Amtrak

The inbound post of i-Saratoga has been inexplicably delayed on the tracks for little other reason than the engineer's lethargy and wanton lust for copious amounts of scotch. Yes, there's something about three feet of snow and wall-to-wall weather stories choking the press that seems to grind all the creative vitriol to a halt amid the hum of a pleasant Johnnie Walker buzz.

So pace the isles and maybe swing by the lounge car for a few cocktails. And while you're there, try to get a grip on the fact that the New York Times actually quoted a blowhard like David Bronner, as a fellow Spa-centric blogger recently pointed out. To make matters worse, they managed to misspell his name; an ironic footnote during Bronner's one flash in the pan of national media throughout his long and storied career of public blowouts.

Meanwhile on Lake Avenue, the collective genius of the editorial crew and the Journal Register Company brass have apparently returned photos to The Saratogian's Web site after a nearly four-year long hiatus of keeping it graphic-free. Maybe they finally realized the text of their stories simply isn't strong enough to carry much more than the piss-poor reputation their masthead boasts. Or maybe the tech-savvy Barbara Lombardo finally figured out how to turn on her computer.

But all these deep thoughts can wait for more sober and enlightened moments. So keep reading and hang tight. It looks like the engineer has finally polished off the remnants of his fifth.

5 Comments:

Blogger Don and Sher said...

And to you my friend I offer you this old scotch toast,

Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am; But as good as you are, and as bad as I am, I am as good as your are, as bad as I am.

Drink up

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want my!
I want my!
I want my i-Saratoga!

Hop to it, you shiftless bastard!

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! And here I thought that in a drunken stupor you had fallen into a snow bank and plowed under by Tommy McTygue himself. Do me a favor and pass along my regards to Britney while in the rehab center drying out.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful.

You may just upset Mrs. Lombardo. Hell hath no fury like a member of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee scorned.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend attempted to catch a train at the Albany Amtrak station to Boston on Sunday ... but the train was delayed by 10 HOURS!!!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats